Is It Better to Move Yourself or Hire Movers?
Suppose you’re planning to move, you need to figure out how the whole process from start to finish arises. Surprisingly, the majority of the younger generation prefer to hire a truck and move using their own two hands, whereas others would instead hire movers. Let’s find out the pros and cons of each.
- Packing items your style: Movers always tend to seal some of your belongings on certain boxes and arranging them according to their preference. The benefit of DIY is removing all these protocols, as you won’t have to worry about how to pack your items. All you have to hustle about is making sure that everything is in the truck on moving day.
- Less Expensive: A DIY comes in handy mostly when you are in a tight budget. Hiring a moving company is always perceived to be costly. You could probably save thousands when you opt to hire a truck and move.
- Unexpected issues: This con is considered as one of the major downfalls of DIY moving. For instance, some items such as couch could be stuck at your door when moving them out, causing you to waste hours figuring out how they will get out.
- Planning: Deciding to DIY will require figuring out how to move your belongings to the new location. You’ll need to think about the size of the truck to hire, which items to be placed first and which to be placed last. You’ll also need to plan the best time you can move.
- No heavy lifting: The one benefit of hiring a professional mover is you won’t have to raise your finger or strain your muscle. Reputable movers always have trained employees who will lift your heavy belongings and items. You can still focus on other important tasks and wait for your items to be moved.
- Efficiency: For movers to move your belongings, you will always have an agreement with them. The agreement bides you and the movers. For example, if you request friends to help you move, they may not give you the full support you can rely on.
- Costly: Moving companies have always been perceived to be costly. According to the American Moving and Storage Association, interstate household moves are charged an average cost of $4,300, whereas an intrastate move is $2,300.
- Less control: When movers come in handy, you will always be limited to control over the move. From deciding the pick-up manner in which movers will arrange your items and load them, they’ll be moving your belongings to the time. You will always work according to their plan and wait for them to finish their job.
In conclusion, if you are willing to suffer the heavy lifting and have time, you can do the moving yourself. There is always a better option of hiring the movers who will always be willing to assist you if you have no time.