There are many ways you can get involved with your child’s health and safety in the home and at school. We encourage you to take an active role in the amount of physical activity our children should be getting on a regular basis. By serving as a positive role model, you can help make our next generation stronger and healthier.
Ways parents can get involved:
- The Philadelphia School District is calling for more parent volunteers.
- Get involved with your Home and School Council.
- If you’re looking for tips on teaching your child to ride, check out SheldonBrown.com. This website houses a wealth of information on bicycles and bicycling. In addition Bike New York has a great tutorial on teaching your child how to ride. Check out this pdf for additional information.
- The League of American Bicyclists represents the interests of bicyclists across the United States. They also have some tips for teaching your kids to ride.
- As a parent, it is your job to be a role model for your child. One way to do this is by being a responsible rider yourself. The Philadelphia Bicycle Ambassadors, our adult bike education leaders, have prepared some materials on the Bicycle Coalition site that can help you ride safely and with greater confidence.