There are many ways you can get involved with your child’s health and safety in the home and at school. We encourage you to take an active role in the amount of physical activity our children should be getting on a regular basis. By serving as a positive role model, you can help make our next generation stronger and healthier.
Ways parents can get involved:
- Teach your child how to ride a bicycle! We’ve prepared a guide with a video link for how to make it fun and easy.
- The League of American Bicyclists represents the interests of bicyclists across the United States. They also have some tips for teaching your kids to ride.
- Get involved with your Home and School Council.
- If you’re looking for tips anything bicycle-related, check out SheldonBrown.com. This website houses a wealth of information on bicycles and bicycling.
- As a parent, it is your job to be a role model for your child. One way to do this is by being a responsible rider yourself. Visit the Bicycle Coalition’s Ride Your Bike pages to learn more.